Monday, May 3, 2010

You mean you can actually game with these things?

So I played a game of Warhammer for the first time in 3 years. I went to a friend's house, and he just got a gaming table top for his dining room table. I happened to have the grass mat, and some scenery. And we commenced with a 2500pt game of Skaven vs. Empire. Turn 1 was pretty eventful for both sides. Skaven forgot to use their Screaming Bell, and the rest of the magic phase was pretty uneventful. During the shooting phase for the Skaven, they blew up their own plague mortar. (Typical Skaven) Turn 1 for Empire saw no movement, and no magic (since I forgot the entire magic phase!) shooting saw a mortar miss, another one blow up, and I forgot to shoot with my Helblaster. (Perhaps the crew were too busy laughing at the misfortune of the rats, or were distracted by the flying shards of Empire mortar raining down a few yards to their right.) So, the rest of the game was good, I will report here as I see fit. (Sorry, I am at work, and can not give a full report due to time/memory.) I will say that I can not wait to play again! I just need to tweak my list a bit.

You can see my goals for May here. I also started working on getting 30 Swordsmen done, I think they will do a bit better than the Spearmen.

1 comment:

Mike Howell said...

Stinking man-things with your 2++ armor save. hissssssssss